Last week, Alec from PopFitLife (and this hilarious Tumblr)tagged me in her Liebster award post. Basically, she answered the 11 questions sent to her by the person who tagged her and the tagged others to answer her 11 questions and post 11 random facts about themselves. Then, Amanda from RunPrincipessa tagged me in her 11 questions survey. So, without further ado, this is probably the longest post I’ve ever put together and it includes 33 assorted facts about me.
- My high school required 4 years of gym but only 2-3 years of math and science. We also had to pass a swimming test to graduate.
- I was really scared of dogs when I was younger. And then my parents just brought home a dog for my brother when I was a senior in high school. I wasn’t happy but then I fell in love with him.
- I’m kind of obsessed with baseball. I picked this up from my grandma, a life long Yankees fan.
- I could eat an entire bag of clementines in one day if I let myself. I’m kind of convinced that clementines are smaller than oranges because their growth was stunted by crack. So addictive.
- I have plants growing in my office right now and it’s basically the most exciting thing ever.
- I love office supplies. Pens, highlighters… my inner nerdy kid can’t get enough. Don’t even get me started on how much I love my label maker.
- I wish there was a way to have a constant supply of Dunkin Donuts coffee appear in my hands in the morning. I’m not picky, any flavor will do…the KCups just aren’t the same.
- I genuinely don’t understand the obsession with protein powders/supplements. I really like eating, so much in fact I’ll happily eat more foods to get the nutrients I need.
- I won my elementary school’s third grade spelling bee with the word apologize.
- I’ve come to like cold weather better than hot weather. You can always bundle up and wear sweaters, tights, and boots…but there’s just no way to get comfortable when it’s 105 degrees with 90% humidity.
- I love teen fiction and I’m not sorry.
1.What is your ideal/favorite mode of transportation? Local or far, it doesn’t matter! I really like the train. I wish we had a better train system so I wouldn’t ever have to drive.
2. If you fed any food to the dog under the table, what would it be? My dog loves cheese. I typically don’t let him eat people food because he’s so tiny and his little stomach gets upset easily but if we were going to ignore that he’d get lots and lots of cheese from me.
3. Is there a favorite movie to go along with a favorite memory? If not, your favorite movie will suffice.I think my favorite memory that ties to a movie is from when I was really young (like 4) and I’d make my dad watch Annie with me and recite the whole thing word for word. Particularly this part:
My dad is basically the best. Also, the ENTIRE Annie movie is on YouTube. YES!
4. What are your feelings on Black Friday shopping? My mom and I go every year. Apparently, stores open now Thursday night but we still get up at around 3:30 in the morning and go then. Because we’re crazy. And then we go out to a diner for breakfast and a ton of coffee. It’s basically the best ever.
5. What was your favorite game to play (inside or out!) as a child? Anything that involved being outside and running around.
6. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be? An ocelot.
7. If you had the opportunity to do ANYTHING YOU WANTED tomorrow (training doesn’t matter, money doesn’t matter, NOTHING), what would it be and why? Run a marathon. If money doesn’t matter and I’m magically trained then I’d like to do something scenic…maybe in Hawaii. Or Big Sur. Or the Goofy Challenge.
8. Go back in time 20 years, what advice would you give yourself? Go to a cheaper college. Seriously, no one cares where your undergrad degree is from and like 2% of people actually get a job related to their degree. Go have fun somewhere instead.
9. What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night? Um. Favorite or what I actually do? Because we tend to do laundry on Friday nights. And order Thai food. And it’s lame but it’s the only time we can get all of the laundry done in one sitting. So. Lame.
10. What is your favorite outfit/type of outfit (“pajamas” is a completely acceptable answer)?
I’ve basically worn my Wunder Under’s every single day since I got them…after work I put them on and lounge around until bed. I don’t like wear them out of the house/or to the gym without washing!) so right now they win. They’re the best.
11. Your favorite song to dance to. Go! I seriously can’t dance. At all. I get hives just thinking about trying to dance.
Questions from Alec:
1) In baseball each player gets a “walk up song” that plays on his way up to the plate. What song would you pick? So the Nats are a really superstitious team and they change their at bat music constantly…like multiple times in the same game. I was so obsessed with their music last season. Especially this one song, that went I FEEL LIKE MONNNNNNEEEEYYYYYYY. It was Danny Espinosa’s song when he wasn’t hitting at all and once he started he got rid of that song and never played it again. But I would totally use it as my own.
2) What’s the best thing that happened to you this weekend? I got tickets to the Taylor Swift concert in May. Yes. Really. I am basically do excited I can’t even believe that I have to wait 6 months (exactly) for this show.
3) If you could have a starring role in any film already made, which movie would you pick? I’d probably like to be Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
4) What actor/actress would you have play you in a movie of your life? I’ve heard that it should be Sarah Silverman. My hair used to be that dark. And we’re both Jewish and have filthy mouths.
5) What is your favorite quote? It’s not really a quote so much as something Leo said on an episode of the West Wing. Every time I feel thankful for my friends (which is a lot) I think about it.
This guy’s walking down a street, when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep, he can’t get out. A doctor passes by, and the guy shouts up “Hey you! Can you help me out?” The doctor writes him a prescription, throws it down the hole and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up “Father, I’m down in this hole, can you help me out?” The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. “Hey Joe, it’s me, can you help me out?” And the friend jumps in the hole! Our guy says “Are you stupid? Now we’re both down here!” and the friend says, “Yeah, but I’ve been down here before, and I know the way out.”
6) What was your first concert? I think my first concert was like Raffi or something… my most exciting
day of my life concert was *NSYNC in 1999 because I got to go on stage and have them sing to me. This came about because I let their pervy lighting director, some sketchball dude named Poodle, give me a massage. Seriously, just the shoulders. It was probably illegal. But I was ok with it at the time.
7) What Internet website do you visit the most? Either Twitter or Facebook.
8) Which of Snow White’s 7 dwarfs describes you the best and why? Lately, Sleepy. Ok, fine. Pretty much always Sleepy.
9) If you were on death row, what would your last meal be? Drunken noodles with chicken. And spring rolls. And, if I was totally gorging myself because I’m about to die anyway, some good sushi.
10) What is the background of your computer? Just the generic flamingos that came with my Mac. I like them so much I put them on my work computer.
11) What is your favorite cartoon character and why? I just saw Wreck It Ralph this weekend and now I’m pretty much OBSESSED.